Work try-out for immigrant doctors

Doctors from outside Finland, whether they come from EU/EEA member states or not, can apply for a work try-out in co-operation with the TE Office. If you are interested in this option, please contact the Chief Physician of the speciality (page in Finnish) you are interested in directly. During the work try-out, trainees are not under contract to the hospital, and their insurance and benefits are taken care of by the TE Office. Please note that the work try-out option is only available for those who already live in Finland, and are therefore covered by Finnish social security and entitled to unemployment benefits. For more information, please visit the Finnish Immigration Service (Migri) website.

TE Office will provide trainees with a contract which will be signed by the Chief Physician in charge of the speciality in question. All arrangements are taken care of by the staff in each speciality unit. All non-Finnish citizens who take part in a work try-out need to certify their residence permit by presenting their passport or residence permit card. Please note that the documents presented should be original as we cannot accept copies.

More information about moving to and living in Finland: